Moon to Mars Supply Chain Capability Improvement Grants
The Australian Moon to Mars Supply Chain Capability Improvement Grants provide Australian businesses* with grant funds to build capacity to deliver products and services into domestic and/or international space industry supply chains that could support Moon to Mars activities. Grants available range from $250,000 up to $1 million, to fund up to 75 per cent of eligible project expenditure
- Grow Australian industry’s capability and capacity to support NASA’s endeavour to go forward to the Moon and then on to Mars
- Grow the participation of Australian companies in domestic and/or international space supply chains that could support Moon to Mars activities
- Grow the skills, capabilities and capacity of the Australian space industry.
- Provide clear evidence (e.g.: letter of intent or contract from your customer), that demonstrates a domestic and/or international space supply chain opportunity.
- Provide evidence from your board (or CEO or equivalent if there is no board) that the project is supported, and that you can complete the project and meet the costs of the project not covered by grant funding.
- Provide an accountant declaration confirming you are a trading corporation and can fund your share of the project costs, including any ineligible expenditure.
- Joint applications are acceptable, provided there is a lead organisation who is the main driver of the project and is eligible to apply.
- Assessed 3-times per year
- Applications opened from 9:00AM 27 August 2020 (AEDT)
- Apply at any time up to 30 June 2023.
- Applications received by 11:59PM AEDT on Thursday 15 October 2020 will comprise the first assessment intake. A decision on this intake is expected to be announced by February 2021.
- Applications received by 11:59PM AEDT on Thursday 17 December 2020 will comprise the second intake. A decision on this intake is expected to be announced by April 2021.
- Applications received by 11:59PM AEDT on Tuesday 4 May 2021 will comprise the third intake. A decision on this intake is expected to be announced by August 2021.
- Future intake dates TBA.
A total of $25.7 million is available for grants, split as follows:
- 2020-21 – $1.7m
- 2021-22 – $3m
- 2022-23 – $7m
- 2023-24 – $7m
- 2024-25 – $7m
If you believe you have a strong idea and would like to collaborate with FrontierSI and/or our partner network to build your proposal, contact Paula Fievez, Head of Partner Engagement on +61 423 282 651 or at email@example.com