FrontierSI & Space
Space technology and derived services benefit all Australians and underpin all areas of the economy.
FrontierSI shortlisted for the 2023 Australian Space Awards in the Innovator of the Year and Rising Star of the Year categories.
Both nominations further reinforce our strength in applying space and spatial research development project outcomes into impactful and innovative solutions, while showing our dedication to connecting with the community. This stellar effort was led by our Space Technical Lead, Jia-Urnn Lee, and Rising Star of the Year nominee Alexander Linossier, and supported by the efforts of FrontierSI’s dynamic Positioning team of Eldar Rubinov, Christopher Marshall, Luis Elneser, Lachlan Ng, Jacob Shearer, Rupert Brown, Ken Harima, Sébastien Allgeyer and Ronald Maj.
About FrontierSI’s Involvement in Space
FrontierSI collaborates with government, industry and universities to create space and spatial technologies that improve industry productivity including service delivery of government, in turn strengthening and promoting the growth of the Australian space sector, nationally and internationally. We have a unique understanding of end user needs and are situated at the intersection of space innovation: closing the loop between user needs and cutting-edge research ideas, whilst helping our partners and collaborators bring those to fruition.
- We occupy a unique position to connect the space and spatial sectors, leveraging our partners’ expertise in downstream space-related technologies and market growth capability
- Our application market focus includes: transport, resources, planning, construction, natural resources, defence, utilities, agriculture, health, and government services
- Our areas of focus and activity directly respond to the Australian Space Agency Civil Strategy Priorities
Our work is helping to:
- Drive the Creation of Value-added Services Leveraging Earth Observation and Analytics
- Create the next generation Positioning, Navigation and Timing (PNT) Infrastructures
- Demonstrate the value of Communication Services and Technologies
- Increase of National Industry Capability and Market Growth
- Inspire and build the future workforce
Our core capability is in the provision of coordination and technical leadership, with a focus on the space downstream.
Our space service offer includes:
- End-user Driven Mission Ideation
- Technology Demonstrators
- Training and Education
- Industry Engagement and Strategy Development
- Advisory Services
AquaWatch Mission: Capability Demonstrator Lead supporting SmartSatCRC, AusCalVal Report: “Cal/Val Space Bridge: An Earth Observation Partnership” under the Australia-UK Space Bridge, Digital Earth Australia (DEA) Industry Strategy and Market Studies, DE Africa Innovation and Education Support, and AGO Industry Labs Innovation Program
Positioning Navigation and Timing
SBAS (Satellite Based Augmentation System) Testbed coordination / Economic Benefits Analysis with GA/LINZ, Ongoing Research/Technical Support with Operational Procurement (GA/LINZ), Ginan/NPIC R&D, and Precision Timing for Space Based Applications – Utilisation Study (SmartSatCRC)
Communications Technologies and Services
SIGWATER – IoT Satcoms PoC for ground water monitoring (SmartSatCRC) and 5G Precise Positioning Testbed – Demonstrating economic benefits of 5G
Industry Engagement and Strategy Development
Victorian Space Sector Activation (SmartSatCRC) and 2030 Space and Spatial Industry Roadmap
Our Partners and Collaborators
- Australian Space Agency – Signed Joint Statement of Strategic Intent and Cooperation
- Earth Observation Australia – Member
- European Association of Remote Sensing Companies (EARSC) – MOU Strategic relationship
- Group on Earth Observations – Participating Organisation
- Open Geospatial Consortium – MOU & OGC member
- SmartSatCRC – Core Participant
- 2030 Space and Spatial Industry Roadmap – Steering Committee & Working Group participant
- UNGGIM (United Nations Committee of Experts on Global Geospatial Information Management) Private Sector Network – Founding Member
To learn more about how we can add value to the space industry, contact FrontierSI’s Space Technical Lead, Jia-Urnn Lee at email@example.com, or Space Industry Engagement & Program Manager, Alexander Linossier, at firstname.lastname@example.org.