Aquawatch Capability Demonstrator Lead and support roles.
The Aquawatch capability demonstrator project was a partnership between SmartSat, CSIRO and others to develop ground-to-space 24/7 water quality monitoring technology for Australia’s waterways, reservoirs and coastal environments. SmartSat required a Capability Demonstrator Leader (CDL) to implement the capability demonstrator, including overall concept management, identification of prioritised areas of experimentation, testing and validation. FrontierSI seconded two staff members to support this project.
This SmartSatCRC project was conducted in collaboration with CSIRO, Australian Space Agency, Bureau of Meterology, Geoscience Australia, UNSW Canberra, FrontierSI, Curtin University, Sat Dek Pty Ltd, University of Queensland, and Water Research Australia.
The CDL and support provided the following for the Aquawatch project:
- Technical leadership supporting research projects that develop satellite systems and technologies that enable the capability demonstrator
- Leading the project management activity of the capability demonstrator and support for related projects
- Drive experimentation, testing and validation of the capability demonstrator
- Manage the overall performance of the capability demonstrator
- Drive the completion of complex technical actions and deliverables
- Support the development and ongoing refinement of the capability demonstrator Governance Framework
- Ongoing input to SmartSat operational plans and strategy development
- Build and maintain strong technical collaborations with a wide variety of project partners and stakeholders
- Manage relationships with partners, end-users and other stakeholders
- Contribute to the development of the National Space Mission
Water quality monitoring is an essential input to effective management of this key national resource. New approaches are required to address current limited capability in water quality monitoring. AquaWatch is positioning Australia as a global leader in water quality monitoring and management. The space-based component of AquaWatch will be a world-first, custom water quality monitoring-focused analytics platform.
Contact us at email@example.com to find out more.